Great Party
Today, the 6th of January Wanda and I attended Lee Dolberg's 100th birthday party at the Mason's lodge hall. There were 150 people in attendence. The day before the great storm of 08 had deposited a couple of feet of water on the lodge floor, so that had to be taken care of. His brother is just a year behind him, so next year we will be celebrating Ray's hundredth. They mentioned my name as one of the photographers, so guess I'll have to get busy and print up some of the pics of affair.
We had a flood of sorts on Friday, the 4th. It flooded the rentals on w. Second St. No damage that I could see other than on renter's car's front wheel bogged down in the just newly fixed sewer trench. I kept tract of the water. At the last reading it was seven and a half inches in one day. This was a good irrigating for my apples, oranges and lemons.
San Diego beat Tennessee so they will play Indiana--Should be a duzie and Linsi would say. I peel apples while watching the football. After all their plays are only nine seconds, max, the rest of the time is filled up with bull balloney--That's when I peel the apples. We have a brown bettie, and a pot of apple sauce out of it. Am looking forward to that for supper.
And don't forget old Pyker. He was the riding horse at Longenbaughs. He was swayed back, and very gentle. When I was five years he was my riding horse. I had to find a stump to stand on, lead him by jump on the stump and then onto his back. I would take a ride to the Humphries or other places, but when it was time to go home, I wasn't strong enough to keep him from returning to Aunt Edna's. They had a wonderful patch of mint by the outhouse. I would love to lay in the mint and go to sleep--They would be looking all over for me until they discovered where I was. Uncle Walter was a blacksmith, so I used to love to go out and crank the blower for the blast forge that heats up the steel to a glowing red. I have been enjoying my Power Shot SD 750 Digital Elph from Cannon. Still working on the instructions though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home